[ENGLISH] Sequart Research & Literacy Organization’s Mutant Cinema: The X-Men Trilogy from Comics to Screen is now available from Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com, and other online booksellers.The book, written by Thomas J. McLean (Variety.com, Newsarama.com), is the second book from Sequart, which previously scored a big hit with Timothy Callahan’s Grant Morrison: The Early Years. Like its predecessor, Mutant Cinema sports a cover by award-winning artist Kevin Colden. Mutant Cinema: The X-Men Trilogy from Comics to Screen is the definitive unauthorized study of the popular movie saga, including:
• The history of X-Men comic books;
• Previous adaptations, including early cartoon appearances, the successful 1990s animated series, and initial attempts to bring the mutants to the big screen;
• The development process for each film, including behind-the-scenes stories, interviews with the screenwriters, and details on omitted scenes and storylines;
• Detailed scene-by-scene examinations of each film and the comic book stories that infuse every aspect of the movies;
• Critical and fan receptions of each film, plus box office performances;
• What the future may hold for the franchise; and
• Tips on some essential X-Men reading.
Mutant Cinema (softcover, 6×9 in, 320 pgs, B&W) is the essential guide to the films for both die-hard fans and newcomers to the series. Comic book fans will enjoy discovering connections to the comics that they didn’t know about, as well as information from the Hollywood side of things. Fans of the movies will find the whole world of X-Men comics opened up for them in an approachable style.
Once again, the book can be found through retailers like Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com.
(Note: If you’re a reviewer and interested in a complimentary review copy, please reply with your mailing address and the name of the company for which you do reviews.)
Legal Disclaimer: X-Men and related characters are trademarks of Marvel Comics. This book is not endorsed by either Marvel Comics or 20th Century Fox.
About the Publisher: Sequart Research & Literacy Organization is a non-profit devoted to the study and promotion of comic books as a legitimate art.
About Sequart’s Film Series: Despite the enormous success of comic book movies, only a fraction of those movie-goers have explored the original comic books in any depth. Just as with novels adapted into movies, these original comic books are often better than their movie translations, and the differences illuminate both versions. Studying these comics is not only essential to understanding these movies, but doing so also helps readers appreciate the unique medium of comic books.